cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS MF656Cdw "banded stripes" when scanning checks in color

JRA108
Apprentice

Just got this unit, it will scan and copy checks in black, but in color there are banded stripes. Is this a security setting I don't know about? I didn't see anything in the manual or online... HELP! Any input on this matter will be greatly appreciated!

Adding a pic of the check scanned in color... a color copy produces the same output.check copied in colorcheck copied in color

check scanned in color

[Subject line changed to more accurately reflect the problem being encountered.]

8 REPLIES 8

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Do the stripes appear when scanning or copying something other than checks? 🤔

No, everything else copies and scans just fine and checks copy / scan in black no problem also. I feel it has to be some new security feature and the client agrees, but I'd really like to hear it is for sure... (while the 30-day easy returns are available...)

I'll copy a check to see if that happens on my 743 and post the results.

Before taking the 656 back, factory reset it and try a copy one more time. If no change, try reaching out to Canon Customer Support and see what the representative says. 🙂

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

My 656 works.

shadowsports_0-1715910209990.png

Had to remove some info...  sorry.

These are the settings I used.

shadowsports_0-1715910492862.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

I just copied a blank check, and it looked fine. I even went so far as to enlarge the image by 400% (the maximum that the 743 can do) and no problems seen.

Side note, with 400% enlargement, the portion of the check that was printed out contains part of the signature line. Interestingly, that line isn't a solid line, but a row of microscopic words that say AUTHORIZEDSIGNATURE. 😯

JRA108
Apprentice

Thank you so for your input and testing! I will do a factory reset and contact Canon if need be... Does anyone know of a chat support option or is it just phone? 

It's a telephone number 🙂:

1 (800) 652-2666
Announcements