cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon imageCLASS MF445dw loses network print jobs

aieronimo
Contributor

My printer is connected via ethernet to a router, and my computer is also connected via ethernet to the same router.  In the past few weeks, the printer has begun to lose print jobs that I send from the computer.  Sometimes the printer prints only the first page of a multipage print job, then stops as if the job is done (and the print queue is clear).  Other times, the printer beeps to signal that it received the print job, but then the job vanishes from the queue on both the computer and the printer, without finishing the job.

And then, without any change to settings or even time having passed, the print jobs will function correctly.  Just now, after I had a series of only the first page of a two-page print job printing, then both pages printed.  No changes, same web page, even the same session in the same browser.

The problem occurs across applications - Safari, Word, PDF reader.

It's as if the printer queue receives the print job, then "forgets" the print job, either immediately or after printing one page.

This is a Mac running Big Sur.

(Yes, there is paper in the printer.)

I would appreciate any quick advice to fix this issue.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello aieronimo,

If some jobs are disappearing and they no longer show up in the queue and you do not get an error, it looks like there was a problem processing the print job. In this situation I would suggest downloading and installing the newest driver from our site for Big Sur. You can download the driver using the link provided HERE. You will want to download and install the UFR II/UFRII LT Printer Driver & Utilities for Macintosh V10.19.8 [OS X 10.11.6 - macOS 11.2.3].

Once the driver has been installed, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on system preferences. Once in system preferences click on Printers and Scanners. Once in printers and scanners, you can delete and then add the printer using the + and - at the bottom of the printer list. Once the printer has been added back to the list, you can try printing again to see if it works for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements