cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon iPF680 connection issues via server and USB

alsotkovsky
Apprentice

I have always had problems with my Canon iPF680 going offline when using it through the server, but when this happens I can  plug it into my laptop via a USB and print that way. Now my printer has gone into an "error state" according to my desktop computer and wont show up when I plug it into my laptop via usb. It was printing fine just two days earlier and now cannot seem to connect to anything. I reset the printer spooler and re-downloaded the drivers to no avail. 

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

First double check to make sure that there are no errors or warnings on the display of the printer. 

If the printer appears to be fine, uninstall the drivers through the Canon Printer Uninstaller from the Programs listing of the Start Menu.  Disconnect the USB cable from the printer when this is finished.

Next, return to our www.usa.canon.com website to download and install the iPF680Series imagePROGRAF Printer Driver for Windows.  Be sure to connect the printer directly to the computer via USB to complete the setup.

If you continue to have difficulties once this has been done, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements