cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ehternet not connecting to newtwork

trevorcoats
Apprentice

I have the imageCLASS MF216n and have had nothing but trouble trying to get it to connect to my network. I have experience hooking up network based printers and so far I have had no luck. When I try to hook up the printer to my router or switch, instead of the light for that port on my switch or router flashing rapidly to inidicate something is hooked to it, it just flashes on and off every 5 seconds or so. Sometimes I do have luck getting the printer to connect to my router and I will even give the printer a static IP address so the IP address can not change, however usually the next day when I need to print something the IP address has changed to 169...... and not 192. I feel like there may be something wrong with the hardware since it is not even sending a signal over the cable to my router. It may be worth noting that my router is a TP-Link TL-R600VPN.

4 REPLIES 4

Jason
Whiz

Hi, trevorcoats!

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bitly.com/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET.

Thanks!

diverhank
Authority

In general, find out what IP number is for your router, then assign your printer with that same one.  For the last number,use something big like 200.  There are two printer assignments.  One is thru the PC, assign the IP to the printer port for the printer driver. The other assignment is on the printer itself (see printer instructions on how to do this).  I suspect that you didn't do one of the assignments, most likely on the printer itself. That explains why it keeps reverting back to something different.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

Tried all that and still no luck. Does any one have a suggestion as to why when the printer is plugged into a port on either a switch or router it just blinks every 5 seconds?

@trevorcoats wrote:

Tried all that and still no luck. Does any one have a suggestion as to why when the printer is plugged into a port on either a switch or router it just blinks every 5 seconds?

Maybe you forgot (not that it is even possible with you) to tell the printer you are connecting via wired LAN?

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements