cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ScanGear MF cannot be installed on macOS

NoNameEver
Apprentice

I just boutght the new m1 chip Macbook and tried to install my Canon ImageCLASS D530 printer drivers. The MF Utilitiy can be installed, but the Scanner driver cannot. When I tried to install the scanner driver, it showed a warning that ScanGear MF cannot be installed on this computer. 

I update my macOS to 11.1 Big Sur, and the driver ver is v2155 downloaded from Canon website. How to resolving the problem? Please help!Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 1.43.40 PM.png

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Presumably, the installer is still Intel-based.  And it is running, so that should have done the appropriate work for "Rosetta2" to run that Intel-app on your M1 Mac.

I really don't know what is done with printer drivers though.  I had thought they still could be Intel-based and run under Rosetta? Hmm... maybe they (drivers in general) need to all be made available for Apple Silicon?  Probably reach out on the Apple support forums to see what others are doing with hooking up printers to their M1 Macs.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Ricky, thanks for your replies. I'm going to use Rosseta to install if possible and see what is going on. Thanks though.
Announcements