cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MX922 can't fax always get "Line Busy" #018

dufresne349
Apprentice

Hi, I have a Canon MX922 printer, and I cannot send a fax.  I can hear it dial the number, the other fax answers (I sent it to a friend) but the MX922 continues to say calling on the LED and eventually hangs up with a "line busy" report #018.  I have tried reducing the sending speed and disabling the ECM TX, still the same.  Have tried faxing multiple numbers with the same result. So it would seem to not be a problem with the destination fax machines.  Also checked the phone line - fine.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Additional troubleshooting will have to be done to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our phone support group Monday using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.  A live agent can test the fax machine to ensure that it has been connected properly.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Josh_Kemmer
Enthusiast

It could be also a telephone network problem or the fax line. To verify this, try to use a different fax machine connected to your fax line. If it also fails, therefore the fax line is faulty.

Happiness for your Printer
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements