cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MFb24Cw laser printer won't print PDF documents

emilyhuntbales
Apprentice

My canon laser printer will print word documents, but not PDFs.  I have tried adjusting the advanced printer settings to "print as image," but the PDF files still fail to print.  Please help!

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi emilyhuntbales.

I will be able to assist you.

It is recommended that you uninstall and reinstall the drivers.  Please follow the instructions below to perform this operation:

Uninstalling the MF Drivers

1. Log on to the computer with an administrator account.

2. Display [Programs and Features].

3. Select the MF Drivers that you want to uninstall, and click [Uninstall/Change].

The un installer starts.

4. Click [Delete].

5. Click [Yes].

The uninstall starts.

Next, restart the computer, and then follow the instructions below to reinstall the drivers:

*If connected by USB cable, please disconnect the cable until the drivers have been reinstalled and the computer has been restarted.

Downloading the latest software

1. Click this link to go to our support landing page. Click Here

2. Type in your model name in the box on the left.

The model number is on the control panel and will include the name imageCLASS.
As the model name is typed in the field will attempt to auto-complete, once the model name shows in the field simply click the name to finish.

When you click the model name the drivers page will load.

3. Confirm your Operating System is correctly detected, and download both downloads shown under Recommended Downloads.

To download click select, check the box to agree to the terms, and click download.

Most computers will download the files to the Downloads folder. However, please note the location of the download on your computer as it may vary.

4. Double-click both downloads and follow the onscreen instructions to extract them.

Installing the MF Drivers

1. Prepare to Install.

USB Connection
Turn OFF the machine.

Wired/Wireless LAN Connection
Connect the machine to a computer via the network.

2. Log on to the computer with an administrator account.

3. Double-click the downloaded installer and click [Next].

4. Read the License Agreement, and click [Yes] to agree.

5. Follow the onscreen instructions to install the drivers.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements