cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF743Cdw shows Out of Paper error when the paper tray is full

robertcbyrd
Contributor

My Canon MF743Cdw shows Out of Paper error when the paper tray is full.

I have reduced the amount of paper in the tray. I have also flipped the paper over. No matter what method I used to print from my computer, I get the Out of Paper error.

At first the printer worked fine. This just started recently.

I am using WIFI.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I fixed it.

The Windows Firewall was blocking access to the printer. For some reason, occasionally, a print job would print, which I cannot explain.

Once enabled printing proceded as normal.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Darius
Whiz

Hi, robertcbyrd.

When printing, what paper source is selected?  If it's set to "Automatic," try setting it specifically to the paper drawer.

Additionally, make sure the correct paper size is selected when printing.  While A4 and Letter size are nearly identical in size, the differences are enough that registering one as what's loaded in the paper drawer and the other on the computer will cause a mismatch error, or force the printer to seek paper from the manual feed tray.

If the paper size and source are set correctly and it's still telling you that no paper is loaded, try pulling out the paper drawer; manually cleaning the paper feed rollers with a clean, dry cloth; and then reinserting the paper drawer.  Also ensure the paper isn't pushing past the load limit; if too much paper is loaded, it may be unable to pull paper in, which will result in the "no paper loaded" error.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

i learned this morning that the printer works perfectly from a different machine.. So I am going to reinstall the driver.

I fixed it.

The Windows Firewall was blocking access to the printer. For some reason, occasionally, a print job would print, which I cannot explain.

Once enabled printing proceded as normal.

Robertcbyrd,

Thank you for this post!!  I had the same problem with my new CPU... like you said my other CPU/Laptop did not have the paper tray error.  two things I did.

1. loaded the App from Cannon. 

2. I realized that the new version of Windows has an option on the printer settings page:  "Let Windows manage my default printer"  Window was selecting the first profile loaded.  Once I unclicked this and set the post App loaded profile, it worked.

No more paper trey errors.

This post helped me run through it and get it fixed.

Thanks,

Dave

I am haveing the same problem as robertcbyrd and still cannot correct the problem!

rhh
Apprentice

Hi, I’m new to this community and have looked to see if my issue has come up before, but I don’t see anything similar posted.

I have a new MF743cdw printer that is connected wirelessly to my pc’s. I’m able to send print jobs to the printer which wakes up from sleep mode, the Data Indicator lights up and the Error Indicator lights up. The print job is suspended; the manual feed tray is highlighted in red, but when I select the paper tray the job will print fine. I’ve looked but cannot figure out what setting is causing all my print jobs to be suspended until I go over to the printer and manually select the paper tray.

Thanks,

Rich

Did you ever figure this out? I just installed this same printer and getting the same problem printing from 3 different computers.

Yes, that's my exact same problem too. very annoying. But how to fix it?

Same problem with MF641cw.  Brand new and I have to manually hit the paper tray button and then it works.  I don't have to do that if I print from my phone.  It works perfectly from my phone, just not both computers.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements