cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF733CDW Factory Reset

masterxace
Apprentice

So I am sitting in my home office and it appears my kids used my printer for a school project. He set the manager ID and password pin and has no idea what he set it to. While strangling my teenager, I have tried various combinations and button holds to no avail. I tried the default user and password of 7654321 which is invalid. I can however login as 7654321 as a general user on the web menus. I would like to be able to reset this PIN. Then create my own so it cant be changed again. Any info I find online seems to be for the older printers with a service menu option. There has to be an easy solution to do a hard reset. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rscohen
Apprentice

Such a horrible printer in so many ways . . . mostly having to do with Canon's interface and connectivity. When it prints, it prints well. If you want to do a factory reset, don't waste your time calling Canon, I found a Youtube video that walks you through the process: https:// www  .youtube.com/ watch?v=eOhFyqYO9-8 (I put in spaces, so the link would not be live and thus, potentially, flagged for removal)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

James_C

Hi masterxace,

The factory default System Manager ID and password is 7654321 for both ID and password.  If this was changed, We will be happy to provide you with the steps to reset the printer.  Please contact our Desktop Printing and Imaging Solutions Department at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), 8A-8P EST, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).  The support representative can perform a printer reset after you provide proof of purchase.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause; however, these steps need to be provided by phone with a technician assisting you through it.

Please be near your printer and have the 10 character serial number (four letters and six numbers) from the back of your printer ready at the time of your call.  Also be prepared to fax or email a copy of your proof of purchase.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a similar problem

My MF733 changed lanuage to chinese and I can read the menu to reset back to English

Can you tell me how...

Michael

Hi seventhgalaxy.

You can change the language back to English by following the steps below:

1. Press the Menu button.

2. Select the first option for Preferences.

3. On the next screen select the first option for Display Settings.

4. Select the third option for Language.

5. Select the first option for English.

If you still have trouble, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've called 2 different times with over an hour wait each time and nobody anwers. Horrible customer service.

Yes the absolute worst customer service. Waiting now for my 3rd hour (3rd call) hoping someone will answer to help me reset my MF733cdw. I hate to throw the printer out, but what other choices do I have.  Support is not possible apparently.  Very frustrated when it was a Canon update that put me in this spot.  You cant even chat with support!! absolutly ridiculous!!

rscohen
Apprentice

Such a horrible printer in so many ways . . . mostly having to do with Canon's interface and connectivity. When it prints, it prints well. If you want to do a factory reset, don't waste your time calling Canon, I found a Youtube video that walks you through the process: https:// www  .youtube.com/ watch?v=eOhFyqYO9-8 (I put in spaces, so the link would not be live and thus, potentially, flagged for removal)

This question is 4 years old. Printer is still going strong. Canon actually gave me the procedure and I wrote the steps down and shared it to the community elsewhere. Thanks for adding the link as well. Most printers are lucky to last a year and this one still has ppl using it years later. 

Announcements