cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF731CDW Paper jam during maintenance

Deerwood
Apprentice

Looking for some help with a paper jam problem during maintenance function.

I can run the "clean fixing assembly to reduce back side stains", however I must run this option several times before the paper is clear of smudges. When I then try to run the second option "Clean Fixing Assembly" paper jams every time and is a real pain to get all of the paper out of the carrier assembly. The print quality has generally gone in a downhill trend over the past few months so I'm ready to put this one in the recycle bin, however it's only 3 years old.

Any suggestions?
Thanks,

Tom

3 REPLIES 3

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

Has the black toner cartridge been replaced lately? 🤔

Yes, replaced the black cartridge a few weeks ago however the problem started before replacement.

dexman335
Rising Star
Rising Star

The need to run the first process multiple times to eliminate smudges could be indicative of a bad toner cartridge. As a course of habit, I run 4 or 5 pages through my 743.

If it hasn't been tried already, remove all toner cartridges and look for a build-up of toner inside. Also, try running the option to clean the ITB.

For the ongoing paper jamming trouble, I would, at this stage, reach out to Canon Customer Service. It could be that something is out of alignment and the rep should be able to tell based on some additional tests & checks.

Announcements