cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF634Cdw: Automatic Document ADF feeder not working

dtcbos
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a Canon MF634Cdw which is network connected. 

Out of the blue after a few months of non use (it's my wife's printer so I'm not exactly sure when this part stopped working), the automatic document feeder has stopped working. There is no Tone/Beep when a piece of paper is inserted. The ADF cleaning function on the printer won't recognize it. I have updated all the firmware as well and rebooted multiple times. When using the scan utility on the Win10 laptop and selecting the "feeder" it gives the error that there is no paper. On inspection, there are no broken pieces or jammed paper.

All other functions seem to be fine. scanning from the plate glass, printing from various computers etc.

Any advice or is this just broken. . . 

Thanks,

Dan 

St. Louis, MO

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings Dan,

During inspection, look closely.  The tiniest piece or corner edge of a piece of paper can be enough to keep an ADF from working sometimes.  Look closely at the feeder or rollers.  Are they binding at all?  

The printer does have a 3 yr warranty.  If under warranty, you can contact Canon.  If you haven't registered it, you should start there.  Proof / Date of purchase is required.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements