cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon MF264dw suddenly gives error message 0x00000709 and won't print

Notes_Norton
Contributor

Hi,

I'm new here, but not new to computers. I started with an Atari, then Windows 3.1 way back when. I've had a couple of Macs too, but don't have one now. It's important to note, I'm a user, not a tech. I get along with them, but everything is self-taught, and not at the tech level.

I'm using Win 11 with a Canon MF264dw. It's been on this computer over a year, and never has given me a problem—until this morning.

I went to print something, and the printer did not appear in the dialog box in Adobe Acrobat. I tried a couple of other apps, with the same result.

Previously to this morning, I printed something almost every day with no glitch.

It's hooked up and scans just fine, but will not print. That tells me that it isn't a connection problem. I have hooked up directly to the computer via a USB cable. I tried cleaning the USB connections with DeOxit and choosing a different USB port in the computer.

Finding an app that still has the Canon in the dialog box, trying to print gives me this error 0x00000709 or this one 0x80070709

I tried the Windows Troubleshooter, but the troubleshooter cannot find the problem.

I looked up some soloutiongs involving editing the registry, but none of the illustrations looked exactly like my situation, so I was timid to try to just try anything, knowing a registry problem can be a huge problem.

So is there any way to fix this?

If so, what can I do?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This explains things.  So you never ran the installer, which is why the issues were not corrected.  

Did sfc find and OS corruption?  

I am not clear where the drivers you installed came from if you didn't use the ones from Canon USA.  It sounds like you are still running the same drivers you had previously, these may be drivers supplied by windows and not from Canon.  You still cannot scan because no scanner driver was ever installed.

Install this package:

https://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwOTcyODAz&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

It contains UFRII, PCL6, FAX and ScanGear.

If this does not allow you to scan, let me know.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Bob ,

Very pleased to hear this. Thank you for your feedback.  Enjoy your weekend!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements