cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon LBP6230dw only prints logos?

cckiester
Apprentice

I have a mac with the current os, and after trying to replace the toner cartridge to a genuine cannon toner, the only thing that prints is the top part of the page. Printing the wireless LAN info by pushing the paper button prints out the pager perfectly,, no issues. But when I go to print out a page from chrome only the website logo prints. I've tried printing from a PDF, I've reset all my settings, deleted/reinstalled my printer, everything should be reset to default and this still happens. When I go to the Cannon website, it says that there are no drivers available to download for OS. I've never had a problem until now? 8FED05F1-EFA0-48C9-A503-281A3313B82F.jpeg1511D565-B818-47B2-989D-CA95E9ADB09F.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

MAC with current OS....  current as of?  

Does this mean Big Sur, Catalina or?  This does vary based on the age of the machine.  What OS and build are you actially running?

Drivers for Big Sur are avaiable: 

Support | Black and White laser | imageCLASS LBP6230dw | Canon USA

BS.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Cckiester,

If you are able to print a logo and you are able to print the network information page, the hardware should be fine. From what you are describing, it looks like the printer driver needs to be reinstalled for your version of the Mac OS. Big Sur and Catalina are the last two versions of the Mac operating system that were released and we have drivers available for both of them. You can find them on our support site using the link below.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/lbp...

You will want to download the [Mac] UFRII LT Printer Driver Ver.1.5.8 (OS X 10.10.5 - macOS 11.2.3). Once the download is complete, you can double click on the file to begin the installation.

For further assistance with the print issue, please reply to the message with the specific version of your Mac OS. To find your version of the Mac OS, click on the apple in the upper left hand corner of the screen and then click on about this Mac. You can also get help over the phone by calling 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to help.

Announcements