cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageCLASS LBP6000 won't work with Print Server

Pin_pon
Apprentice

Trying to make Canon LBP6000 work with a Print Server to allow it to print a LAN from multiple clients eith via Wi-Fi or Ethernet, thus far however, after testing several Print Server on the market non of them were able to work properly and actually have the priner print a page withing a LAN.

Is there a Print Server device that will allow me connect the USB LBP6000 to LAN and make it work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Pin-pon.

There was a server that was compatible with the LBP6000. It was the C-6700WG Silex Print Server; however, according to Silex, this server reached end of life in 2014.

We do have newer LBP models that support a wireless network connection, like the LBP6230dw and the LBP6030w.

If you have any other questions, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Print servers (all of them) are unreliable and honestly a waste of your time. 

The same goes for routers which claim print server or network attched storage capability.  Clumsy, and again unreliable.

Slightly better is connecting a printer via USB to a computer and sharing it.  The downside (again)... the computer has to be turned on for other devices to utilize the printer. 

You want a real solution.  Buy a true network capable printer.  Need justification...  consider the time you are spending ( read wasting)  trying to get your ancient printer to do what a modern printer does everyday.  People always fail to place value on their time.  Do this, and you'll realize the savings.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick I agree a 100% with you. I have had network enabled printers and had so much trouble with them. One time they are connected, and the next time around some 'wirelss' glitch and have to connect them in to the LAN once again. So I go tired and purposefuly purchased this less then 1 year old Canon and I am extremely happy with it. Now of course, wanting to go the LAN printer topology again, I would definitely consider the Wireless Cannon Printer options but for now will stick to this guy. I have actually found a relatively easy solution. Connected a few printers via USB to a USB-always-on-hub and voila now all printers can print regardless if one or none of PCs are powered on. Easy fix.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Smiley Happy

hey Pin_pon. how did u that? can u describe step by step? I am in the same situation like you! pls
Thanks in advance!

Hi Pin-Pon, Would you share some details about your usbhub-solution?

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Pin-pon.

There was a server that was compatible with the LBP6000. It was the C-6700WG Silex Print Server; however, according to Silex, this server reached end of life in 2014.

We do have newer LBP models that support a wireless network connection, like the LBP6230dw and the LBP6030w.

If you have any other questions, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), 10 AM - 6:30 PM EST.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your answr. I have seen the Silex , hoever, the problem was it doens't support Win10. All in all a solution would be by isung USB connectina via USB hub, and that is what I am intending to do for the time being as I still enjoy the LBP6000 -  an exellent device that I will keep untill ends its life.

Announcements