cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass MF733Cdw doesnt power on!

pivprod
Apprentice

I have had this printer about a month, purchased new.

The printer is not powering on! No reaction whatsoever to pressing the power buttons on the printer or display screen. The outlet and power cord have both been tested.

I used it to print less than 24 hours ago everything was working fine.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Rtdesigns,

You can try removing the power cord from the back of the printer and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If the printer still does not power on, it would mean there is something wrong with the hardware and the printer needs service.

If you have had the printer for less than 3 years, you can log into your Canon account using the link provided HERE or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 to check what service options you have.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Patrice
Whiz

Hi pivprod.

If you have already tested the printer on multiple outlets, and also confirmed that the power cord is working, then it is recommended that you call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A representative will be able to further assist you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

rtdesigns78
Apprentice

It seems to be a problem with this printer. I occasionally use mine and here I am, 2 years later (of course 4 months after my 2 year extended warranty has expired) and I decide to print 1st day of school signs for my boys and the printer is dead. Tried all of the IT methods and nothing works. I haven't even gone through a single toner yet....just to show how much I haven't used it...yet here we are.....

Hello Rtdesigns,

You can try removing the power cord from the back of the printer and then pressing the power button 10 times while the printer is unplugged. After that, you can plug the printer into a different power source and you can try turning it on. If the printer still does not power on, it would mean there is something wrong with the hardware and the printer needs service.

If you have had the printer for less than 3 years, you can log into your Canon account using the link provided HERE or you can contact support at 1-800-652-2666 to check what service options you have.

Thank you dear, the solution worked for me, my printer is Canon MF742Cdw

keep up the good work

regrds

jensxglobal
Apprentice

Amazingly, this worked. Makes me wonder why. 

Announcements