cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageClass MF726CDW Prints Vertical Yellow line on the left side of the page

patrocle
Contributor

I have the Canon ImageClass MF726CDW and it Prints Vertical Yellow line on the left side of the page.

My i had the printer for 2 years and had no problems printing, with same type of toners.

Now for the last few weeks it started to have those vertical yellow line, is not a line, is like 1 inch wide line on the left side of the page...

Here is a picture:

http://i67.tinypic.com/1z3xqv4.jpg

IMG_4058.JPEG

I pulled the toners out from the tray and the yellow toner is the last one, and i am seeing some yellow mark on the big belt or whatever is called that i guess paper goes on it, i clean some ,but i can not turn it, from the front of the printer, unless a back cover can be taken of and have easy access, and also how to release the belt so i can manually turn it and wipe some .

What you think it maybe?

Thanks for any advice.

10 REPLIES 10

patrocle
Contributor

No one?....any help, will appreciated!

Sonya1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello patrocle,

I understand your Color imageCLASS MF726Cdw prints a vertical yellow line down the left side of pages.  If you have not already done so, to restore your print quality, I suggest you clean the fixing unit and transfer belt using your MF726Cdw's operation panel using these steps:

1. Press  and tap <Menu>.
2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.
3. Tap <Clean Fixing Assembly>.
4. Read the message that is displayed, and tap <OK>.
5. Tap <Start>.
  • Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 minute later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

Follow these steps to clean the Transfer Belt:

1. Press  and tap <Menu>.
2. Tap <Adjustment/Maintenance>.
3. Tap <Clean ITB>.
4. Tap <Start>.
  • Cleaning starts. When the <Finished.> message is displayed approximately 1 to 2 minutes later, press  to return to the <Home> Screen.

If you need immediate assistance and you're in the USA, please click http://Canon.us/ContactCF for our US-based support. If you're outside of the US, please click http://Canon.us/4xf7 for support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for replying!

I try your guide and looks that did not fix it, it got worse looks like ..., I guess there is something wrong with the transfer belt...that does that.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Both prints where done after your guide.

What next now?

Thank you for your help!

p.

Any other suggestion? how maby to fix this?

Thanks,

patrocle
Contributor

I guess not...

If you've followed the above instructions and require further assistance, you'll want to call for support. Our friendly, US-based team can be reached at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET.

Thanks for reply.

I have sent email to support.

Waiting for a reply.

Thanks.

Hello! I realize your question was from 2018, so I am hoping you received a reply by now! 😉 I am having the same issue with the yellow lines printing down the left side.  Did you ever find a solution?

I've been having the same problem for weeks, and it has made the printer literally unusable! The above recommended help did not work at all. 

Announcements