cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon ImageCLASS MF269dw - Printing Issues

lynndombrowski
Apprentice

Hey y'all,

I'm having several printing related issues: Basically, it won't always print, but when it does, its often very slow, especially with PDF prints. By slow, I mean it took 20 minutes to print approximately 7 pages from a PDF. Now, the print has moved to standby / sleep mode and will not print the subsquent 20 pages.

Fixes I've tried: 

* reinstalling the printer

* reinstalling the printer drivers

* restarting my computer, restarting the printer

* changing which printer driver is being used (secure airprint vs. the canon driver)

* moving the printer DIRECTLY next to the wifi router

Noting seems to help!

Here are the error codes tossed when it stops printing:

https://oip.manual.canon/USRMA-0336-zz-SS-enUS/contents/SS729_troubleshooting_291whenanerrorcodeappe...
#853: "A document could not be printed because its data size exceeded the machine's upper processing capability."

I was trying to print a 547kb PDF.

#822: "An image file in a USB memory device could not be printed because the format of the image file is not supported."

I'm not printing with USB device. I'm printing from my laptop.

Also, the mac is telling me that the "the optical photoconductre needs to be replaced" however, based on a quick google search, this seems to be a widespread, wellknown, and presistent problem for macOS users.

I've tried googling, but i'm at my wit's end for possible fixes. If I can't fix this, I'm going to have to return it and get a different printer.

My set up:

I have a macbook pro from 2019 using macOS Mojave version 10.14.6 (I can't update further because of admin security policies).

I received the printer two days ago. I downloaded both drivers (the printer driver and fax driver) and installed both. These are the drivers I'm using: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/black-and-white-laser/can...

Any advice?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the reply.

The solution was that I had to change to IP printing because my computer, network, and printer were fighting over IP addresses, which would make it difficult for my computer to find the printer and send the appropriate information.

Changes on mac laptop: 

- Used IP printing

Changes on the printer:

Change to from dynamic IP to static IP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi Lynndombrowski.

If printing via USB, ensure the laptop is plugged in and charging, and that the USB cord is not bundled or coiled.  When running on battery power, the USB signal can be too low for the printer to reliably detect it. Coiling and bunching of the cord can also cause degradation of the USB signal.

If you purchased or received the MF269dw second-hand, or through an auction site (such as eBay), then you may need to purchase a replacement drum cartridge (Canon Drum Cartridge 051) for the printer.  If the MF269dw was purchased new, then you may wish to call Canon Support.  If you're located within the U.S., Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.  If located outside the U.S., you may find your local branch of Canon through the Canon Global website's map, https://global.canon/en/support

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Darius,

Thanks for the reply.

The solution was that I had to change to IP printing because my computer, network, and printer were fighting over IP addresses, which would make it difficult for my computer to find the printer and send the appropriate information.

Changes on mac laptop: 

- Used IP printing

Changes on the printer:

Change to from dynamic IP to static IP.

Announcements