cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Computer & MF8300C

mathguy54941
Apprentice

Hello,

Setting up a new computer and have downloaded the driver package for the printer.  When it tries to find the printer on the network, it says not found.  But it is on the network.  That has been confirmed by accessing the device list on the router.  Tried the IP method as well, still not found.

So, installed the driver while connected via USB. Worked.  Tried to connect wirelessly and the Windows 10 Printers and scanners page says "Driver is unavailable."  Had this printer connected successfully to my old computer (also Windows 10).  How can I resolve this?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

mathguy54941
Apprentice

Canon,

Can you please help or direct me to some help?

Thank you.

mathguy54941
Apprentice

Thank you, Canon for your help and support.  I'm so glad that I chose your product and spent that much money on it.  NOT!!!  Turns out the driver package you have on the web site for download DOESN'T WORK!  Looked at the old computer, pulled an older version and, viola!, it installed.

I really don't understand how you ask us to use this forum for support and you don't even respond.  This shall be my very last Canon product of any kind.

Hi mathguy54941.

The Canon Community forums are intended to allow users to help each other out, and to search for other similar experiences to see if their solutions might apply.  The forums are not intended for access to Canon technical support in a timely manner.

Regarding the printer, Canon U.S.A. does not sell an "MF8300C" model; we do have the MF8350Cdn and MF8380Cdw, which have both reached the End of Service Life.  While they will continue to be supported on existing operating systems, they may not receive updates for newer operating systems.  To ensure you're using the correct drivers, please confirm the specific model number on the printer itself.

If the printer is not being detected on the network, try pinging the printer from the computer, and pinging the computer from the printer.  If you cannot ping one from the other, then something on the network or computer is preventing communication that way.  If you cannot ping successfully from both, then either the computer is on a VPN or otherwise on a different network from the printer, or the router is preventing the computer and printer from communicating.

If the computer is connecting to a VPN, it will behave as if it's on the other network and not its home/originating network.  Refer to your VPN provider for help configuring your connection to allow the computer to use local devices.

If the printer was previously working with this computer, then the installation may have become corrupt.  Remove the printer from the Printers list on the computer, then uninstall the drivers from the Apps & Features list.  Restart the computer to clear any lingering settings that would otherwise corrupt the reinstallation, then run the driver installation once more.  When installing, use the drivers available on the printer's Drivers & Downloads page for your model; using the installation CD may not install the drivers correctly on Windows 10.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements