cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF644Cdw - out of toner message after replacing all the toner cartridges

MJSOLO
Apprentice

Hi, 

I have the out of toner message after replacing all 4 cartridges.

What do I need to do?

Thanks!

MJ

3 REPLIES 3

MJSOLO
Apprentice

Additional info:

When I put a paper into the printer it prints. The issue is that I'm not able to print from my computer.

It says no available networks. It says offline.

Thanks for any instructions.

MJ

Darius
Whiz

Hi MJSOLO.

While the printer is powered on, take out each of the toner cartridges, one at a time, rock them gently front and back to redistribute the toner, then reinsert them.

Additionally, if the toners are refilled or remanufactured, they may report as the last-known-good toner levels.  If this is the case, we recommend replacing them with Canon genuine toner cartridges.  Use of refilled, remanufactured, or third-party toner cartridges may cause damage that is not covered by the warranty.

If this problem is occurring with Canon genuine toner cartridges, you may need to contact our phone-based support, in the case that one or more of the toner cartridges are bad.  Our support is available at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) Monday-Friday from 10:00 am to 6:30 pm ET, excluding holidays.

Note: Canon genuine toners carry their own separate, limited warranty; terms may be found on the warranty card included with the toner, and on the Canon U.S.A. Website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Darius,

Thanks for responding. I contacted Canon earlier todayand a wonderful tech support person guided me through the steps of uninstalling the printer and then reinstalling it. The pirinter is working now. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Sincerely,

MJ

Announcements