cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Image Class (MF743CDW) Not Printing Saturated Colors/Colors Are Off

Domzzzzz
Apprentice

Hello Canon Community,

I am currently dealing with a very frustrating situation with my Canon Image Class MF743CDW. Just to advise before i go into my issue i am a Graphic Designer and have just recently purchased this for my office. This is not a cheap brother printer, and i can not fathom why i can not fix the color settings on this. No matter what application i print from (from Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, to just a basic PDF or MS Word doc) The colors on this printer are far from saturated, they look dull and almost gray scaled. I followed the advice of cleaning fixing assembly, correct color print mismatch, and auto adjust gradiation; it helped but still the colors look extremely dull versus monitor view.

My other issue falls into mismatching of colors. If i use colors that seem to look white, maybe with a HINT of a dull pink tone in them, this canon prints them fully pink regardless of the fact they appear as just an "off-white".

If anyone has any suggestions on fixing either of these issues it would be greatly apprecaited. This printer was costly and quite frankly my old laserjet prints better then this printer. In this industry not being able to see true print colors is so frustrating! Thank you for reading and i hope someone has a solution to this issue 😞

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Domzzzzz,

We would be happy to assist with the issue. To provide some feedback or some troubleshooting steps, we would need some additional information. If you could reply to this message with the information below, we can provide some assistance.

1. What version of the Mac or Windows operating system are you using on your computer?
  2. What type of paper are you printing on?
  3. If you are comparing the output to the monitor, has the monitor been calibrated for printing and have you soft proofed the prints?
  4. Did the issue come up after replacing a toner cartridge? If so, what toner did you replace?
  5. Do you have the same issue when you make a copy?

For a more immediate response, I would suggest contacting support at 1-800-652-2666. Our agents would be happy to assist with the issue.

Announcements