cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IPF8300S - Wide Format Printer

Collins
Apprentice

I sit in a bank location which runs scans monthly to determine printer vulnerabilities.  We are being asked to turn off the FTP Server option.  Where can I find the steps to turn this feature off or would I need a technician to physically come in to turn it off?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To turn of FTP printing, you will need to enter the Administrator Mode for the printer.

In your web browser, enter the IP address of the printer and log in to the Administrator Mode.  Next, go to the Network menu and open the TCP/IPv4 settings.  From there, you can turn off FTP Printing.

If you need additional assistance, please contact our phone support group at 1-800-652-2666.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

To turn of FTP printing, you will need to enter the Administrator Mode for the printer.

In your web browser, enter the IP address of the printer and log in to the Administrator Mode.  Next, go to the Network menu and open the TCP/IPv4 settings.  From there, you can turn off FTP Printing.

If you need additional assistance, please contact our phone support group at 1-800-652-2666.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for  your response.  I as also informed that if this feature is turned off, we will no longer be able to print to the machine. 

Announcements