cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon IPF8300S Catalina

RCCFERRO
Apprentice

Será que quis dizer: 
Quando mando imprimir no Mac Os x Catalina para IPF8300S de rede o documento faz o spooling e depois desaparece não chega a impressora. Ajuda por favor

When I print on the MacOsx Catalina for network IPF8300S the document is spooling and then disappears the printer does not arrive. Help please

When I print on the MacOsx Catalina for network IPF8300S the document is spooling and then disappears the printer does not arrive. Help please
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The imagePROGRAF iPF8300S is not compatible with the Catalina (macOS v10.15) operating system. 

To ensure proper uptime of your iPF8300S, please continue using the printer on a computer that is running macOS v10.14 and earlier or Windows 10 and earlier.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Hi!  We ended support for the imagePROGRAF iPF8300S in August 2018, and that included ending software and driver development at that time.  Operating systems that came out after that point will not officially be supported.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The imagePROGRAF iPF8300S is not compatible with the Catalina (macOS v10.15) operating system. 

To ensure proper uptime of your iPF8300S, please continue using the printer on a computer that is running macOS v10.14 and earlier or Windows 10 and earlier.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I accept this solution but I would like to know if you are not considering making drivers for Catalina.

Hi!  We ended support for the imagePROGRAF iPF8300S in August 2018, and that included ending software and driver development at that time.  Operating systems that came out after that point will not officially be supported.

Hope this helps!

Interesting that you ended support and won't release drivers for the current versions of macOS but you released a firmware update for this printer on 3/24/2020 and a firmware update tool for macOS on 1/7/2020.

I know it is an older printer but I'm not particularly excited to approve purchasing a new Canon large format printer simply because Canon decided they aren't willing to release drivers.  And if we do get a new printer that just means we won't be buying Canon ink either.

Announcements