cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Color Image Class MF642CDW odd/even pages print at different heights

jeffrey1
Apprentice

When I try to print my document it prints the text on the even pages higher than the odd pages. I am printing on both sides of the paper and have "crop marks" checked on the printer menu. Is there something in the printer menu I can check.? I've eliminated everything but the printer as the problem.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Darius
Whiz

Hi jeffrey1.

Double-check that the paper size registered to the MF642Cdw matches the paper size selected in the printer driver/print screen.  While Letter and A4 sizes are similar enough to possibly feed when either is selected, they're different enough to cause this type of alignment issue.  You may also wish to verify that the page setup is set to have the same top and bottom margin.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Darius! You are a godsend! It was A4 vs Letter that was screwing me up. If I could have only found you two months ago. Ah, the sleepless nights...

Thank you, sir. Very much appreciated. Give yourself a meaty pat on the back and a raise. Can I inquire as to what your email address is in case of future snafus on my part?

Jeffrey

Hi jeffrey1.

No direct email is available. Support may be reached through the information available at your Canon Account (https://mycanon.usa.canon.com).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi jeffrey1.

Double-check that the paper size registered to the MF642Cdw matches the paper size selected in the printer driver/print screen.  While Letter and A4 sizes are similar enough to possibly feed when either is selected, they're different enough to cause this type of alignment issue.  You may also wish to verify that the page setup is set to have the same top and bottom margin.

Darius! You are a godsend! It was A4 vs Letter that was screwing me up. If I could have only found you two months ago. Ah, the sleepless nights...

Thank you, sir. Very much appreciated. Give yourself a meaty pat on the back and a raise. Can I inquire as to what your email address is in case of future snafus on my part?

Jeffrey

Hi jeffrey1.

No direct email is available. Support may be reached through the information available at your Canon Account (https://mycanon.usa.canon.com).

Announcements