cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 8580cdw Prints documents, but not well from a web page

BluelimeGraFX
Apprentice

The last time I changed toner cartridges out I can print from Illustrator or any document program with no issues, but when it comes to printing from email or an invoice from Quickbooks online then it is spuradic in printing.  Some times it will be fine and you can see al the print.  Other times it prints certain parts of the document, but other parts ar light and hard to read or just blank with nothing printed.  I tried printing out an email for two days now and all the email chain prints okay EXCEPT the latest email in the chain.  That part is completely blank except the header info.  I copied and pasted the text into Adobe Illustrator and it prints just fine.  I can't be doing that every time I have to print an email chain for a job I am working on or downloading PDF's of the invoices just to print them out.

What is the issue with this and how can I fix it?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi BluelimeGraFX.

Please uninstall and reinstall the driver. To uninstall the drivers for Windows, please follow the instructions below:

1. On your computer, open [Control Panel] > [Devices and Printers].

2. Please right-click on the MF8500C Series printer, and then select [Remove Device]. Delete all icons for the MF8500C Series printer.

3. Return to [Control Panel], and then select [Programs] or [Programs and Features] > [Uninstall a Program].

4. Double-click on the MF8500c Series Driver, and then follow the prompts to uninstall the files.

5. Restart the computer.

To uninstall the driver for macOS, please follow the steps below:

1. Open [System Preferences] -> click [Printer & Scanners].

2. Select the MF8500C Series -> click [-] icon.

3. Delete the folders and files for the driver you are deleting.

[System Volume]/Library/Printers/Canon/UFR2 or MF

[System Volume]/Library/LaunchAgents/jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist

[System Volume]/Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources/CNTD***Z*2*.ppd.gz

4. Restart your computer. When the computer is back on empty the Trash Bin.

Uninstallation is complete.

Next, reinstall the drivers by clicking on the link that matches your operating system below:

MF8500CMFDriversV2085W64usEN.exe (Windows)

mac-mf-v10112-00.dmg (Mac OS)

If the issue is not resolved, or if you have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Some of those files you said to delete are not named the same as you gave me....

UFR2 or MF..... not there - I have..... CUPS_MF_Printer and CUPSFAX and CUPSPSMF and IJScanner and MFScanner

jp.co.canon.UFR2.BG.plist..... not there....I have.......jp.co.canon.ScanGearMF.appl.Canon-MF-Scan-Agent.plist and jp.co.canon.ScanGearMF.appl.Canon-MFSU-Agent.plist

CNTD***Z*2*.ppd.gz... not there....I have......CNMCMF6100FB.ppd.gz among others under CNMCMF as well as CNPZBD500ZB.ppd.gz and CNPZBMF110ZB.ppd.gz among others under the CNPZ...Do I just delete all the 8500ZB or all of them including the 500, 6100, 8000, 8200, 6800 and so on?  I have another printer that I am afraid will break that printer if I delete the wrong files.

Hi BluelimeGraFX.

If you don't see any of the other files, that is fine. You only need to delete the 8500zb file. Once it is deleted, restart the computer, and then empty the Trash. 

If you need any further assistance, please call 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements