cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 424 Laser printer smears labels

dakotakid
Apprentice

I had an older Canon laser printer and never had this issue. The 424 smears labels, and there are dropouts. The toner does not fix properly, and can be smeared off.

Tried cleaning the fuser. That helped, a little. I used to be able to use small Avery mailing labels (5 to a sheet, 2 5/8 x 1) and feed them in the manual feed. I also use full-size sheets to generate mailing labels. 

This printer is newer, less than a year, and won't print labels properly. What am I doing wrong, or is this just not supported with this newer (better?) printer?

The labels I use most are Avery 5260 (Laser, white); Avery 5630 (Laser, clear); Avery 15667 (return address Clear, Laser);

and Avery Multi-use 5436 (white, laser/inkjet).

This was never a problem with my Canon MF4360.

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi dakotakid.

If the labels are streaking/flaking off, try the various humidity-related adjustments in the Special Processing menu.

If these do not correct the problem, double-check that the toner installed is a Canon genuine toner.  If the problem persists, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements