cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot define "User Defined Size" printing in preferences for LBP6230dw

wcclark
Apprentice

Hello,

I am a small business that is trying to print my shipping labels on A2 Envelopes with my LBP6230dw printer. No matter how I try to access printing preferences, I cannot set a User Defined Size for my printer, even if I select the "User Defined Size" option in advanced settings or via an external applications such as office or firefox.

Can this printer even do custom sizes? Its preference interface is maddeningly unintuitive, and I can simply cannot find a way to adjust the paper size outside of very generic media labels such as "Plain, Heavy, Transparency, Envelope, Rough 1, Rough 2, etc."

2 REPLIES 2

wcclark
Apprentice

Here are some included images showing what I'm seeing in preferences:

I cannot seem to customize my paper size like I've seen in other tutorials online.I cannot seem to customize my paper size like I've seen in other tutorials online.There does not seem to be a way to define the size from this option window.There does not seem to be a way to define the size from this option window.

Hello Wcclark.

The screen shots taken look like a generic Windows printer connection. The generic Windows printer driver will not give you all of you available paper settings. In this situation, you can try installing the recommended drivers for the LBP6230 using the link HERE. Once installed, you can try printing again to see if the printing preferences look any different. If you have any problems with the installation, you can contact our support team over the phone at 1-800-652-2666. They would would be happy to assist with installing the drivers on your version of Windows.

Announcements