cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma IP2772 unable to print with black only

Hameedtharik
Apprentice

I'm trying to print a simple text document that is ONLY black/white. I don't need color ink at all. It will print a system alignment page in black, but won't print anything I send it.

I then wen't into Control Panel > Devices and Printers > PIXMA IP2772 (right click, Printing Preferences) > Maintence > Ink Cartridge Settings. I selected "Black only" from the drop down and clicked OK.

After doing that I get the message "The following ink cartridge will be used for the specified printing. Color. The settings in the Ink Cartridge Settings on the Maintenance tab of the printer driver will be disabled."

So it's not letting me print in "Black only" by disabling my changes.

How can I print in Black only without having any color ink?

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, Hameedtharik! We appreciate the info, though we need to let you know that the PIXMA iP2772 is not supported by our team here at Canon USA since that product isn't available in this country.  If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.  Your fellow Community members are still welcome to offer their advice.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements