cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't enable Bi-directional communication with my Image Class LBP6030W laser printer.

gilloz
Contributor

I have an Image Class LBP6030W Laser printer.  When I tried to check the status of the printer by clicking on the printer Icon in my System Tray bar, I got a Window telling me that my computer was unable to communicate with my printer.  I went to the E-Manual and followed directions as to how to enable it.  I put a check mark in the box labeled Enable Bi-Direction Support and restarted my computer per directions.  Problem is still there.  My check mark in not in the box anymore.  Seems everytime I restart the computer, the check mark disappears.  Now, I am only using my printer through the USB cable only.  I have not set up my printer for Wi-Fi use as yet.  Do I need to do this in order to enable the Bi-directional communications?  Other than this problem, my printer works great.  Using Windows 7 64 Bit OS, 8GB RAM.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

gilloz
Contributor

Problem has been solved.  Removed and re-installed printer as if it was a first time installation.  I am now able to communicate with my printer through my computer.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements