cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change ink cartridges on maxify mb2320.

glennscalise
Apprentice

I open the front door and cartridge holder will not move to the center.  It will not move at all.  I just get a message that the front door is open

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

You will not be able to replace an ink tank until it is completely empty.  Please continue printing until the empty warning appears.  You should be able to replace the tank at that point.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

You will not be able to replace an ink tank until it is completely empty.  Please continue printing until the empty warning appears.  You should be able to replace the tank at that point.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. The printer thinks that the Magenta cartridge is still full, but it is completely empty. How can I replace the ink cartridge while the printer thinks it is not empty?

Michael - I have the same issue with my MB2720.   Will the ink holder not move until one is empty?

Also, will both the normal and the XL cartridges work in the printer for ALL colors?

I have the same problem; the printer and my computer both say the cartridge is empty but it won't allow me to remove it, nor will it print.  A totally useless printer.  I need to print something now, and can't wait to contact Canon support.  I'd be better off to go to Costco and buy an Epson or HP.  That would also solve all the problems I have with the MB2320.

Hello.

If an "empty" warning is displayed and you cannot replace the ink tanks, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

Why you don't get it?  The monitor shows it has inks but actually some ink is gone, so it does not move to 'change' position.

I cannot change ink because sensor does not detect the empty ink tank correctly. 

There is a solution. Canon 1st level techs just follow the FAQ's in front of them.
Start a test print. AFTER is starts printing the page, not while it is charging the print head, unplug the machine. The releases the print head so it can be moved. You should be able to align the cartridge with the removal button moving the print head around or turning its drive gear. Its a work around but it works.
You can also goto THIS VIDEO [link disabled per forum guidelines] and follow the video instructions.

I am having the same issue. My printer shows a FULL black ink tank... however, it won't print anything in black... just comes out as a blank page. However, I was able to move the cartridge holder into place to eject the black tank and replace as I assume it may be faulty... but I cannot eject the tank! Nothing happens at all when I push the eject button. Help is greatly apprecaited!

Hello! 

If you've followed the above instructions, and you're still having issues, you'll need to contact support for assistance. Discover your support options by visiting your MyCanon Account on our site HERE

If you're outside of the USA, you'll need to reach out to Canon in your country or region. Get their contact info HERE

Announcements