cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NOT automatically scan from 8580Cdw to Mac OS 1.8

abunoor
Apprentice

Hi,

My previous Canon, ImageClass 4370dn, I was able to scan directly on my Mac by clicking the Start button in MF tools. However, with the 8580Cdw, the Start button doesn't automatically start the scanning; I have to go to 8580Cdw and press the OK button twice because the 8580Cdw is asking two questions, Scan to and color. For the life of me, I have not been able to get rid of this manual step. I have the 8580 connected via USB to my MacOS 1.8 but once I figure out how to get rid of this manual step, I will start using the scanning via network, ie, allow folks in the office to scan via the network.

Please help !!!!!!!!

Thank you

1 REPLY 1

Patrice
Whiz

Hi abunoor!

I will be glad to assist you.

The new imageCLASS machines are designed so that you will need to select a scanning option at the machine.  There is no way to set a default scan option on this machine.  You will need to select [Remote Scanner] or [Computer].  This is to ensure that your device handles the scan project properly.  Due to this, the ability to program a specific mode is not available. 

Although an extra step to perform, a benefit of selecting the desired mode for a respective scan can ensure that a scanner miscommunication does not occur if it were programmed to a different mode.

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements