cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use a US MF644CDW in Europe (or other 240v country?)

loqshio
Apprentice

The US version of the MF644CDW shows an input voltage of 120V and 60Hz.

However, it seems that some Canon MF printers actually support both 60Hz and 50Hz inputs (even though 50Hz is not posted on the spec).

First question: does the US model of the Canon MF644cdw support a 50Hz input?

Second question: if I use a reliable 240V to 120V step down transformer, can I use my US Canon MF644cdw in Europe, Singapore, or other 240V/50Hz country?

Thanks!!

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hello loqshio.

While it's possible for the MF644Cdw to work on a non-US power source (with conversion to the appropriate voltage, wattage, and frequency), you're often better-served by purchasing a model designed for that region.  The i-SENSYS line, available through Canon Europe, is designed for the 220-240V, 50-60Hz operating environment.

My personal recommendation is to not risk it, as the difference between 50 Hz and 60 Hz is enough to potentially damage the printer, even with a voltage step-down.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements