cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF4770n and Mac OS 10.13 High Sierra

eujeankilt
Apprentice

I just upgraded to High Sierra on my Mac. I can print, but cannot find scanner. I upgraded the scan software, but it now says my scanner isn't supported. The support matrix shows it is supposed to be supported. Now what? 

Mac Mini Core-i5, 8GB RAM, printer connected via ethernet.

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello, JDA. 

Since this is following an OS update, try the following:

1. Remove the MF4770n from both your Printers & Scanners list.

2. Download and run both the Printer and Scanner Driver installations from the MF4770n Drivers & Downloads page.

3. If the installations don't add the printer back automatically, open System Preferences and add the MF4770n back as both a printer and a scanner.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi eujeankilt,

In order to scan ensure you have also downloaded the Scanner Driver & Utilities V2.11.0 for Mac OS : 10.8/10.9/10.10/10.11/10.12/10.13 file from this Canon website. Click HERE to launch the download driver page.  It will install the scanner driver.  It will also install the MF Toolbox scanning app. 

To initially set up the network scanner on your Mac, follow this guide:

1.  Open Applications, then select the Canon MF utility folder and choose to open MF Toolbox (If no scanner found error appears, ignore it).

2.  At the top left hand corner of your screen, next to the apple icon you'll see MF Toolbox.  Click on it and select network scanner setting from the drop down menu.  Click on the plus sign (+) and select the your Canon model from the list, then click Add. 

3.  At the top of the screen, to the right of MF Toolbox, click Scanner and select your Canon model from the drop down menu.

4.  You should be able to scan via the use of the Toolbox rectangle bar that appears with the eMail, Save, PDF, etc.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi James_C, I just have to register to this forum to say "thank you!" for the instructions that you have provided. I have been trying to figure out for weeks how to make the MF Scan Tool work on my Macbook running MacOSX 10.15 and the instructions that you outlined helped me fix this issue.

I am having the same problem of having recently updated my Mac to High Sierra. My Canon ImageClass mf4700n printer/scanner prints fine but the scanner and the computer don't recognize each other. I just downloaded the Canon MF Scan Utility, but it still can't find the scanner using the scanner toolbox, even though as I said the printer function works just fine. What else should I try?

Hello, JDA. 

Since this is following an OS update, try the following:

1. Remove the MF4770n from both your Printers & Scanners list.

2. Download and run both the Printer and Scanner Driver installations from the MF4770n Drivers & Downloads page.

3. If the installations don't add the printer back automatically, open System Preferences and add the MF4770n back as both a printer and a scanner.

If you need immediate assistance with this issue, please contact us using the numbers and information at http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Okay, I followed all the procedures given. I reinstalled the Printer Driver and Scanner Driver, and followed the precedure in the manual for registering the Printer by USB--that worked fine. But I couldn't get it to register the Scanner by USB. So when I open the Cannon MF Scan Utilitiy I continue to get an error message saying there's no available scanner found. 

But I just tried scanning an image from the Printer/Scanner, and it did send the image to my computer, even though the computer continues to give me an error message. So that's good enough for me. Thank you!

Announcements