cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new LBP-122dw thinks it has a printer jam.

CreativeTech
Apprentice

I'm 20min into my first print job (replacing a nearly identical Canon printer I've had for 7 years). I print a 300 page document and I add paper halfway through. Printer Jams. I remove the paper. It thinks paper is still jammed. Customer support is useless. I have only one option, return to Amazon. 

First, did Canon really degrade this much in 7 years? I'm concern if I breathe too loud this thing will break.

Second, is there a way to factory reset this thing? I know my old model had a method, but what finally killed it was I changed wifi and the factory reset wasn't possible so the wifi password killed it. Is this one dead simply because the software is too inept to tell if they're';s paper trapped and will never ever work again? I'm generally blown away by how bad this new printer is.

2 REPLIES 2

CreativeTech
Apprentice

To clarify, it was not possible to factory reset my previous printer because simply Canon's instructions do not work, which bricked it, but there's a chance I can revert to my old wifi password since the 7 year old (and inferior model) is significantly better and more reliable than the LBP122dw

CreativeTech
Apprentice

I mean who creates a printer that dies on the first paper jam and has absolutely no troubleshooting options. 

Announcements