cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new ImageCLASS MF452dw won't print from Mac

rwald
Apprentice

Printing on wireless network, I was able to print successfully from a Windows 10 laptop but the printing failed from a MacBook Pro running OSX 10.15.7 (Catalina).  The Mac shows up and is able to add the printer but printing itself fails.  When I check the printer log on the printer itself it is showing error #853.

Thoughts from anyone - including Canon Support folks monitoring this thread?

Thanks, Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Spoke to Canon support today and the following solution resolved this issue:

1. De-install printer on Mac OSX

2. Re-installed printer on Mac OSX and from this menu then selected (showed up as an available option) the MF450 series printer driver to install.  There was no need to download any drivers.  The MF450 series printer driver showed up as an available option upon reinstallation of the printer.

3. Once the new printer driver was installed, printing worked. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

rwald
Apprentice

I just installed printer driver software for the Mac and still cannot print.  I suppose I will have to call Canon Support...

Spoke to Canon support today and the following solution resolved this issue:

1. De-install printer on Mac OSX

2. Re-installed printer on Mac OSX and from this menu then selected (showed up as an available option) the MF450 series printer driver to install.  There was no need to download any drivers.  The MF450 series printer driver showed up as an available option upon reinstallation of the printer.

3. Once the new printer driver was installed, printing worked. 

sailingach
Apprentice

Hi, I have a MacBook Pro 16 inch M1. I am connected to my Canon MF452dw printer via a Plugable Display Link hub. When I try to print I just hear the Canon printer beep but nothing happens. I've tried the steps listed above to no avail. Any advice? Thanks

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'd recommend starting a new topic with information about your specific environment.  This topic is marked solved.

Printer MF452dw

MBP 16", M1, with what build of Ventura?

While you probably had to tell GateKeeper to allow connection of your Pluggable dock, the printer might be blocked.

I'd suggest using a cable with a USB-C connection and try connecting/installing the printer directly to the MAC before trying to use it with/through the dock.  

Maybe something like this:

shadowsports_0-1688584823054.jpeg

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Announcements