cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternative driver imageclass d420

Tcat
Apprentice

HI!

Wondering if there is an alternative driver for basic printing ImageClass D420 for Win 8,1 (32 or 64 bit)? Worked great all through Win 8.1 (Win Blue) beta's and on release, poof. Scanner works great with native drivers in Win. I don't need fancy. I need to print Post Office labels once in a while and don't want to switch brands!

TIA, Tcat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Tcat!

There is no alternative driver.  You will need to uninstall and reinstall the driver from the Canon USA website.  Currently, the Windows 8.1 driver is listed under Windows 8.  Click the link below and when the site detects your operating system as Windows 8.1, click the drop-down arrow and change it to Windows 8.

imageCLASS D420 - Drivers & Software

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a great day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Patrice
Whiz

Hi Tcat!

There is no alternative driver.  You will need to uninstall and reinstall the driver from the Canon USA website.  Currently, the Windows 8.1 driver is listed under Windows 8.  Click the link below and when the site detects your operating system as Windows 8.1, click the drop-down arrow and change it to Windows 8.

imageCLASS D420 - Drivers & Software

I hope this information is helpful to you.  Should you need further assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666).  Have a great day.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Oh That Would Be So Cool.

<I love my ImageClass MFC>

I will go try this and report.

Thank you Patrice!

Tcat H.

Works! Call it a solution! 

Thanks Canon!

(been a fan over Nikon since my Canon F1 <film> camera)

Canon knows imaging!

Announcements