cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjusting Scan Density MF426dw when scanning to computer

osborneuk
Apprentice

Hi

How do I adjust the scan density when scanning to my computer.  the manual says how to do it for scanning to email/USB/a file etc but not to a computer.

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi osborneuk.

Density is a measure of how much toner is used to produce an image (how dark it gets), as is the case in making copies or sending a fax.  When scanning to a computer, density is not used as a measure due to the lack of (potential) physical media at the receiving end of the process.  The measure, instead, is resolution (measured in DPI (Dots per Inch) or PPI (Pixels per Inch).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Darius
Whiz

Hi osborneuk.

When scanning to a computer from the MF426dw, most of those settings will be controlled from the MF Scan Utility.  The MF Scan Utility guides may be found at the following links:

Windows

Mac OS

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

osborneuk
Apprentice
But not density as far as i can see.

Hi osborneuk.

Density is a measure of how much toner is used to produce an image (how dark it gets), as is the case in making copies or sending a fax.  When scanning to a computer, density is not used as a measure due to the lack of (potential) physical media at the receiving end of the process.  The measure, instead, is resolution (measured in DPI (Dots per Inch) or PPI (Pixels per Inch).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements