cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADF stopped working - MF733CDW

sabrain
Apprentice

I have been using the automatic document feeder with no issues until recently.  Now when i load just a single page into the feeder, it draws the page in to "load" it.  Then when i begin the job it will maybe draw it in an inch into the handler then stops giving a paper jam error.  There is no obstruction visible from under the cover or under the bottom of the feeder.  Any ideas why this could have fialed?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Closer inspection might be needed.  Sometimes hidden obstructions are not visble.  Corner of a page, etc. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I did a very close and carefully inspection before i bothered coming here.

Hi sabrain.

Try cleaning the ADF's rollers with a clean, dry cloth.  Do not use canned air, as chemicals found in some brands may cause the rollers to swell beyond the ability to function.

If that doesn't correct the problem, then you'll need to contact support for further assistance.  Our support is available 10 am to 6:30 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), at 1-800-652-2666.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements