cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MF8170C says INSERT Y C M K Cartridges but they are installed

aarcuda
Apprentice

At tur n on, the printer scrolls through a series ot INSERT [X} CARTRIDGE where [X} is C, M, Y, and K for all 4 toner cartridges.  There are 3 cartridges already installed  but when I try to insert the last one (the Y cartridge) the developing rotary mechanism never lines up to the correct position to install the Y cartridge.

Also, at various times, the other cartridges do no line up to the slot after opening the cover,  The rotary will be rotated just short of the slot but not locked in place- I can manually rotate the rotary to align the cartride to the slot and thwen it locks in plac e.

But the Y cartridge position never comes close to the slot and I cant install the cartridge.  All the time I get the error light but no error codes and 3 of the 4 cartridges are installed even though it tells me to INSERT them all.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi aarcuda.

Make sure the protective cover and sealing tape have been removed from the yellow cartridge.  Also double-check the other inserted in cartridges, to make sure none of them are inserted in a skewed manner that might block the yellow cartridge from being installed.

You may also wish to ensure that the Drum Cartridge is seated correctly, so that it does not get in the way of the toner cartridges.

If this answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button, so others might find the answer.

Announcements