cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64bit driver needed for MF632Cdw - Mac OS Catalina 10.15

peloquin17
Contributor

Is there going to be a driver update for the new Mac OS?

Right now my printer is not working because it needs a 64 bit driver.

4 REPLIES 4

Patrice
Whiz

Hi peloquin17.

The updated drivers and software for the MF632Cdw will be released soon; however, there is no approximate ETA at this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. 

In the meantime, you should be able to use AirPrint for printing and scanning. You will just need to delete the printer and add it back to the Printers & Scanners window. Please follow the steps below:

1.  Open your System Preferences folder and click on [Printers & Scanners] icon.

2.  Click on the [-] to delete the printer, and then [+] sign in the lower left corner of the screen to add a printer.

3..  Click on the Add Printer or Scanner link. 

4..  Now select your printer.

5.  When you select your printer the Name and Use lines at the bottom should automatically fill in.  Make sure the Use line shows AirPrint.  Now click [Add]. 

6.  You should now be able to see your printer in the Printers & Scanners screen.

If you run into any issues, or have any further questions, please call us at 1-800-OK-CANON (652-2666), Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks Patrice!

Hi,

I am also in need of the 64-bit update for my printer. The biggest issue I'm currently facing is that I cannot Scan Double Sided. For some reason since the update it will only allow a single sided scan from the Document Feeder. If they could fix it to where it will scan double sided and link it into one file it would make it much easier for me to scan and email documents.

Thanks,

David

Hi k2_dave.

The updated drivers are available on the MF632Cdw Drivers & Downloads page.

The printer and scanner drivers are provided separately.  If the Canon scanning software isn't able to scan double-sided even after the latest driver installation, try removing the MF632Cdw's entry in the scanners list, then reinstall it as a scanner using Canon's drivers.

System Preferences >> Printers & Scanners >> Scanner tab.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements