cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 problems: Energy Saver and IPv4 (ImageClass MF269)

nemodat
Apprentice

I have two problems with a brand new ImageClass MF269, would appreciate some help.

1. The printer goes into "Energy Saver" mode (as evidenced by the green Energy Saver light) and will not print anything until I walk over to the printer and push the button. Is this how the Energy Saver mode is supposed to work? Anyway, I don't ever see an option to turn ES off.

2. I often get an "IPv4" error, that the IP address has changed. Why does this keep happening? Is it possible it happens every time mty router is rebooted? Why can the printer automatically obtain an IP address? Or, can I assign a static IP address?

thanks in advance,

Nemo

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Sounds like both of your issues are network related.

Assign a static IP to the printer.  This way any device conected to your network will alwys be able to find the printer at its destination IP since it will never change.

This should resolve your energy saver issue (failure to wake) and print as well.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi Rick, thanks for the response. The networking issue is no longer a problem. But the Eco Saver mode is. Is there not an option to shut off the Eco Saver function so the printer doesn't go to sleep?
Announcements