cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy cp1300 won’t turn on, needs to unplug and replug

Brasco
Apprentice
Hello,
My Selphy cp1300 is working fine but when I turn it off after I finished my work, it won’t turn on with pressing the power on button. Then I unplug it from the power source and replug it, its turning on normally (with simply pressing the power on button).
It happens every time, what can I do about it?
Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5

Brasco
Apprentice
Hello again,
To make it more spesific, I don’t use a battery and tried different sockets in the house.
I thought it can be the software causing the problem and checked the anounced updates but cp1300 doesnt have any 😞
Maybe there is a way to format the firmware?
Or any other ideas?
Thanks.

dharjo
Apprentice

Same for me! It powers on, shows the start up screen then turns off. I checked the updates too and none. I have only had this little printer for two years and was working fine a month ago when I used it. Does Canon not monitor these message boards? I see there was no answer or reply to the previous post on this issue. 

I guess they do not monitor these feedbacks. I didn’t get any response since. 
But I am not sure our problem is same. Because my printer works fine when it opens. 
The issue is (yes its weird) when I turn it off by long pressing the power button, it wont open by pressing power button. No response at all. But when I unplug the power cord and plug it again, then press the power button, it opens :). 
Same everytime. 

Yes you are correct it is a different issue mine will not stay powered on. I’m glad yours works at least, although very weird, thanks for responding. 

Hi,

Based on the description you both provided, your CP1300's would require service to resolve this issue. If you would like to send your printer in for repair, please click HERE

If the printer is out of warranty, it may be more cost effective to replace the printer compared to having it repaired. 

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase. 

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements