I just purchased a Canon Ivy Mini Photo Printer, and straight out of the box (yes, I did place the blue sheet face down under the stack of paper), the prints are horribly dark and every single one has vertical streaks. I even tried lightening the images on the app before printing - same outcome. Is this just as good as it gets? I tried calling Canon support because I was told if I registered, I'd have access to personalized support - but after a brief 15 seconds to tell them I was calling for help with the Ivy printer, I finally hung up after 30 minutes on hold and never having any representative return.
To speak with a technical support representative, please follow these steps:
1. Please log into your My Canon account:
2. Please click on My Products on the left hand side.
3. On the page that appears, you should see your IVY printer.
4. In the last column to the right of your printer, click the 3 dot button
and then click on "Get Support"
5. On the next page, please scroll down and click on the "Phone Support" button
6. Once you have clicked that button, please call 800-652-2666 to speak with a technical support representative.
In regards to the issue that you are experiencing, please load the blue sheet again and then use the Canon PRINT Inkjet SELPHY app to print an image.
If the issue persists, please load the blue sheet from a new pack of paper and load that paper as well, then print using the Canon PRINT Inkjet SELPHY app.
If the streaks still appear, your IVY would require service. To obtain service for your IVY printer, please log in to your My Canon Account again.
Click on My Products and then click on your IVY Printer.
Click on the Product Support button.
Scroll to the bottom and click on the Start Repair button.