cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon Selphy CP910 Windows 11 compatibility?

tk123
Apprentice

Please, can somebody on this Forum tell me if my Canon Selphy CP910 driver is compatible with Windows 11?

My PC lists this as: Canon CP910  Driver is unavailable

I can not locate any information on whether Canon has ended driver updates or will update the Selphy CP910 in the future.

Any information would be helpful, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for that last bit of advice, regarding Microsoft Support, this is one facet I overlooked and I should have done this from the VERY beginning. All that was needed was to simply uninstall the printer and reinstall it again; then, viola! it appeared and is working normally on Windows 11 without all this other compatibility property-altering stuff. And to think... even Geek Squad was not able to solve this issue and simply said Canon was not updating the driver for Windows 11, shame on them.

Here is what the Microsoft Support website states:

If your printer isn't responding, you may need to remove it and reinstall it so Windows can download and install the proper drivers.

Make sure your printer is on and connected to your PC.

Open Start  > Settings  > Bluetooth & devices  > Printers & scanners . Select the name of the printer, and then choose Remove.

To reinstall the printer, select Add device and then select the name of the printer you want to add.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

While there are no Windows 11 drivers for the CP910, the Windows 10 driver have been tested to work with the Windows 11 environment. 

On the Canon support page, it will list your operating system as Windows 11. Click where it shows Windows 11 and in the drop down change it to Windows 10 and then download and install that driver. 

Once the driver is installed, try to print. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur, sorry for the delayed response and thank you for posting a reply. So I went to the usa.canon.com drivers & downloads webpage for the Canon Selphy CP910 and as you mentioned, clicked on the Windows 10 operating system on the drop-down select tab:

File Name Date File Size  

CP910 Printer Driver V5.107/08/164.18 MB

to download & install this driver for use on Windows 11. As you know, the Windows 11 on the drop-down select tab states: There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver. However, after attempting to download the driver for Windows 10, a final message on the installation dialogue box states: The printer driver has not been installed. Click Finish to terminate the setup program. I tried to download both drivers for Windows 10 and Windows 10 (x64) (Detected) as my PC is 64 bit. Neither would download and had the same final message on the installation dialogue box. Perhaps there no longer is any Windows 11-compatible driver for the Canon Selphy CP910 model - certainly the Windows 10 drivers do not install. I suspect either Canon has ceased updating this Selphy printer's driver or they haven't yet updated it to configure with Windows 11. I almost felt hopeful this would work, since you seemed quite sure that Canon Windows 10 drivers were ALL tested to work with Windows 11, but this looks as not to be the case. Any further suggestions or observations would be appreciated. I wish Canon could simply list or tell customers which printers no longer work with Windows 11.

tk123
Apprentice

Hi, I am still waiting a reply - Arthur, do you have any updates here to your initial advice. Windows 11 does not appear compatible with many Canon printers, like my Selphy CP910 printer that I am asking about here on this forum, which is a slightly older model by a few years and was previously compatible with Windows 10. Anyone else here on this Forum have any information that would be helpful or insightful? Thanks

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try to run the setup program in compatibility mode. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Open the folder that contains the download.
  2. Right-click on the Windows 10 driver file and select PROPERTIES from the small menu that opens.
  3. When the Properties window opens, click on the COMPATIBILITY tab.
  4. Click on the box that says “Run this program in compatibility mode” and make sure a check-mark appears in it.
  5. Select an earlier version of Windows.
  6. Click APPLY.
  7. Click OK.
  8. Double-click on the file to start running it.

If that does not work and the driver file wont even download onto your computer, I would check with Microsoft support to see if they have a work around to see why the file wont even download correct on your Windows 11 computer. 

Thank you for that last bit of advice, regarding Microsoft Support, this is one facet I overlooked and I should have done this from the VERY beginning. All that was needed was to simply uninstall the printer and reinstall it again; then, viola! it appeared and is working normally on Windows 11 without all this other compatibility property-altering stuff. And to think... even Geek Squad was not able to solve this issue and simply said Canon was not updating the driver for Windows 11, shame on them.

Here is what the Microsoft Support website states:

If your printer isn't responding, you may need to remove it and reinstall it so Windows can download and install the proper drivers.

Make sure your printer is on and connected to your PC.

Open Start  > Settings  > Bluetooth & devices  > Printers & scanners . Select the name of the printer, and then choose Remove.

To reinstall the printer, select Add device and then select the name of the printer you want to add.

I've tried all of the above, but I have no remove option for the Selphy 910.  It keeps telling me the driver is unavailable.  I downloaded the new driver however I have no clue how to get it to load.  If I could remove the first installation of the Selphy that would be great, but I can't.  I even had Dell Tech Support try to delete the printer and he couldn't get rid of it either.  Help!

Announcements