cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Border cutting off on Ivy 2

Sheenam
Apprentice

I just started using my Ivy2 printer. I’ve tried the border settings out and every time I print, it cuts off the bottom border. 

What am I doing wrong?

image.jpg

9 REPLIES 9

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend reaching out to Canon support for real time support with this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

rhartwill
Apprentice

I wasted so much paper trying to fix it. Still not working. SMH. Image quality is not great either.  Surprised because I’m huge fan of canon cameras and printers. 

rhartwill
Apprentice

Is there a solution?

Wendyclark
Apprentice

I’m also having this problem is there any update?

Not that I’ve seen or heard.  Wishing Canon would respond to this board. 

Meghannoel24
Apprentice

Has anyone been able to contact Canon support? I am also having this problem but every single method of contacting support is "unavailable" any time I try. I measured the paper that came with the printer and it is smaller than the 2x3 cm it says it is, which I am thinking is the problem. I am going to try another brands paper and see if that's better. 

If you're trying to call support, you must register your printer at Canon.us/account first. Once you've done that, you'll see your support entitlements. You're entitled to free support if you're still within the warranty period. Outside of the warranty, you have the option to pay for support. Printer support is Monday through Friday. 

Wendyclark
Apprentice

I contacted Canon phone support.

The support technician had an Ivy 2 on hand and was able to duplicate my problem, confirming that it's a universal issue, but had no solution. He gave me an email and encouraged me to email with my request. However when I emailed, they responded that I needed to register my product, which I already had in order to access phone support, and I don't think a human even looks at it after all, so I feel like this is all a dead end that no one cares.

I've managed my problem by rotating book covers (I was trying to print 4x book covers for book journaling from TikTok) to ensure any text I want is in the center rather than at the bottom edge. I also checked on TikTok and it seems that the Ivy 1 doesn't have this problem, it's only an issue on the Ivy 2. I regret that I have the Ivy 2 now and didn't search for the Ivy 1, but oh well.

I wish that Canon would accurately report the print margins in the app, and I wish their 4x collage (all their collages, but especially this one) would be centered properly on the page. The horizontal margins (ex side by side) are perfect, it's just the vertical margins (top vs bottom) that's not calibrated properly and is represented inaccurately in the app.

Meghannoel24
Apprentice

I was able to get in contact with support. They had me restart the printer and reinstall the app, but that did not work. They are supposed to be sending me a shipping label to send it in for repair, but the guy on the phone was pretty much insisting that this is how it is supposed to be printing (which is ridiculous). Unfortunately mine was a Christmas gift, but I am going to try to get the receipt to return it since apparently this printer isn't broken, their product just isn't good. 

Announcements