cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1.4 teleconverter

LesWurse
Enthusiast

Will Canon's 1.4 teleconverter be compatible with an EFS 55/250 zoom lens on my 60D?

18 REPLIES 18

In that case "quality" is a 400mm lens which is the Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Lens.  Its cost is about $1200 but it is worth every penny.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Based on the reviews I've read, I agree.

You don't know how many times I hear, "The review I read said, such and such, etc, and stuff!"  You need to read reviews with a eye on skepticism.  Just like the guy that wanted to know about MFT charts as a judge of a lens quality.  You can't.  It just doesn't tell you the suitability of a lens.  And, my friend, neither do all the reviews you read.  DXO is another lousy place to get quality data about a lens.

People you know and people that own the lens. People that actually use the lens for a good period of time are the ones to trust.

EB

Well, reviews are a start but yes, you have to be skeptical about everything these days including people who are paid by the seller to "review" a product.  I want to find somebody near by who has the same lens and see if they will let me take a couple of pics on my 60D.

There is a local guy selling a recent model Canon 70-300mm who is going to let me try it out on my camera. He wants $350. We'll see how that goes.

Try before you buy!  A real good idea. Smiley Happy

EB

I'll post the results.

Well my search for a 1.4 teleconverter ended with the purchase of a very clean, used Canon 70-300mm AF IS USM lens.  I tried it first at various settings and FL and couldn't find anything obviously wrong. Now we'll see about buyer's remorse after some more deliberate shootings.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I believe Kenko makes an EF-S compatible teleconverter. But, if you decide to purchase be sure to get it with return privileges since you may not be satisfied with picture quality.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you. I'm not familiar with Kenko so I'll do some research.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements