cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1.4 teleconverter

LesWurse
Enthusiast

Will Canon's 1.4 teleconverter be compatible with an EFS 55/250 zoom lens on my 60D?

18 REPLIES 18

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
No it's not.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks - that saves me $350!

...where did you find it for $350?

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"

Used with a E+ rating at Adorama.com

...guess I don't know what an E+ rating is - for me Adorama shows $429...

PJ
(Grampy)

"Photography is a money-sucking black hole, and I'm approaching the event horizon"

The $349 price was under "used lenses".  E+ rating in "Adoramaese" means better than average for a used item.  There was a used Canon 2.0 teleconverter listed also but I've been warned off of them.

In any event, my EFS 55-250 lens won't accept any teleconverters so I have no inexpensive way to reach the 400MM I'm looking for.

"... I have no inexpensive way to reach the 400MM I'm looking for."

Well that isn't exactly true!  Smiley Happy

There is a 400mm, 500mm and 600mm fully manual lens made that is sold under several brand names.  They all sell for less than $150 bucks.  Much less on the used market.  I have seen them used for $35. Are they great lenses?  Well I suppose you know that answer but they are serviceable. I had, probably still do have, most of them from back in the film days.  I don't think they have changed a bit since then.

Big question do they work?  Yes, they work.  They do make a usable picture if you don't get too critical about it.  They are fully manual.  They are pre-set but you focus with it wide open.  They are all T-mount and it usually comes with the lens so mounting to your camera is no problem.  If you should go used make sure it is the right T-mount.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Good info - I'll add this to my research on Kenko teleconverters. I would really like to get up to 400mm on my 60D w/o it costing an arm and a leg.

Thanks - I should have said "There is no inexpensive way to reach the quality 400mm lens I wanting.  But isn't that the case with just about everything!?

Announcements