cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uploading photos to computer

glyninator1
Apprentice

I am having trouble uploading photos from my camera to the computer.  It has always worked fine until the last week or so.  Please help. 

16 REPLIES 16

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Without knowing what type of camera or computer, my advice is to use a memory card reader.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum glyninator1. 

If it always worked OK up until recently can you recall anything that you changed/updated?

Let us know what computer and camera you are using and how you are connecting camera to computer. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Way more info needed!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

CanalogSE
Enthusiast

Have you previously used a cable, or inserted the camera memory card into a card reader or into the computer, used wireless image transfer or what? It is absolutely necessary to know more according the above in order to be able to assist you!

I have had trouble before myself with USB cable transfer of images from my Canon PowerShot G1x Mk3 to my laptop MacBookPro, but have solved that by using Adobe Bridge software for image download. Read my concerned topic for more info! 

/B

BobG43
Contributor

It can make a differance if you have the cable from your camera plugged directly into the USB on your computer versus the USB on an USB extension (USB extension plugged into computer and your camera (and other stuff) plugged into the extension.

danmcclain
Apprentice

I downloaded the EOS Utility 3 for my EOS 20D digital camera and when I open it it just sit there and does nothing.  The actions arent even lit up.  And when I check my devices on the computer it say the drivers arent available.  I'd rather not have to get a card reader but looks like thats my only options.  Any idea how to get the drivers on my computer.  Already tried deleting the app and redownloading them... HELP!

Welcome to the forum danmcclain. 

Your camera is too old to be supported by EOS Utility.

There are no drivers for Canon cameras.

If you have your camera set up like this you should be able to access the camera card via the file browser of your computer.

Annotation 2020-07-18 133940.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

No you're wrong, Hoffman or whatever your nickname is...

The Canon camera Series PowerShot G1x Mark one,two or three were never intendent to manage image download through EOS Utilily 2, nor EOS Utility 3, which now handles 7D Mk 2 and 5 D Mk3 perfectly.

It is not a matter of PowerShot G1x Mark 3 being too old (which, by the way it isn't) but instead that the previously working download software was 32 bit...now with Mac OS Catalina are only 64 bit third party software functioning...that is why Adobe Bridge now works fine.

As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed.

/B

@CanalogSE wrote:

No you're wrong, Hoffman or whatever your nickname is...

The Canon camera Series PowerShot G1x Mark one,two or three were never intendent to manage image download through EOS Utilily 2, nor EOS Utility 3, which now handles 7D Mk 2 and 5 D Mk3 perfectly.

It is not a matter of PowerShot G1x Mark 3 being too old (which, by the way it isn't) but instead that the previously working download software was 32 bit...now with Mac OS Catalina are only 64 bit third party software functioning...that is why Adobe Bridge now works fine.

As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed.

/B

I wasn't replying to you.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements