cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommended tablet for remote shooting?

stevet1
Mentor
Mentor

I'm interested in using a tablet for remote shooting with EOS Utilities. It would need Windows 10 and at least one USB port.

I've seen some that use an Android OS, but I've never used Android outside of a smartphone.

Any recommendations?

 

Steve Thomas

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@stevet1 wrote:

I'm interested in using a tablet for remote shooting with EOS Utilities. It would need Windows 10 and at least one USB port.

I've seen some that use an Android OS, but I've never used Android outside of a smartphone.

Any recommendations?

 

Steve Thomas


Which camera?  I hope you have one that has Bluetooth,  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."


@Waddizzle wrote:

Which camera?  I hope you have one that has Bluetooth,  

Waddizzle,

 

Yes, thatnk you. I have a T8i, and yes, it does have Bluetooth.

I was thinking more along the lines of a USB connection.

Here's a picture I took with my 17" laptop, but it's too heavy to lug around in the field.

IMG_1150.JPG

 

Steve Thomas


@stevet1 wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Which camera?  I hope you have one that has Bluetooth,  

Waddizzle,

 

Yes, thatnk you. I have a T8i, and yes, it does have Bluetooth.

I was thinking more along the lines of a USB connection.

Here's a picture I took with my 17" laptop, but it's too heavy to lug around in the field.

 

 

Steve Thomas



I use a simple iPad with Wi-Fi and no phone service.  Images are stored in the camera to the memory card.  Not having phone servicei means the smart device won't undexpected drop the Wi-Fi connection to the camera.  I suspect this happens because the smartt device wants to connect to the phone network so that it can have Internet serve.  You cannot have two different Wi-Fi connections going at the same time.

If having Windows 10 is a must, then I would say try a Microsoft Windows Surface Pro.  You really do not want to go for the least expensive Windows 10 machine out there.  And, you want to have an Intel chipset, not AMD.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I'll just add that I use a Lenovo Yoga.  They are extremely light weight like a surface, less expensive, intel based, and have twice the amount of storage available.  Just depends on preference and budget.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA


~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It
Avatar
click here to view the press release
Announcements