cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posting images from a diffrent site?

joe_okura
Enthusiast

hello all is there a way to post from flicker? as most of my images are too large to be uplaoded to this forum.

i tryed the bbcode shair but it will not work.

joe

a ftb n ti1 70d 5d mk3 lens, 50 1.8mk1 50mm 1.4 16-35 4.0isL 400mm 5.6L
etc. using canon slrs from 1975
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi, Joe!

If you've got a photo to share, we would recommend using the "Insert/edit image" button at the top of the text editing window.  If you have to link to another site to show your photo, you'll want to use the "Insert/edit link" button right next to the image button.  We should also point out that our forum doesn't use BB code but rather HTML.  The buttons I just mentioned will do all the necessary formatting for you, but if you want to code your links manually, switch from the default "Rich Text" tab to the "HTML" tab.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

cicopo
Elite

If you don't know how to resize it to start with download your images from Flickr to your computer & then upload to this site. I just checked & you have several size choices you can select in the Download Image process. Just select see all sizes & pick 1600 pixels X whatever or the next size down. After that upload to here by using the Browse Your Computer side of it.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

i used the bb code and set it to a lower rez a 1040 x800 the links got diabled and on the plus side the post to the topic got erased. yes i could reize on my computer but i use flicker to extenly link photos to save on bandwith for forums also if thay want to see the full sized photo thay can. i post reaguly on canon rumors and the uk site eos magazine. i need to know what type of linkworks on this form. i feel that a background spam filter is in use. 

joe

@joe_okura wrote:

i used the bb code and set it to a lower rez a 1040 x800 the links got diabled and on the plus side the post to the topic got erased. yes i could reize on my computer but i use flicker to extenly link photos to save on bandwith for forums also if thay want to see the full sized photo thay can. i post reaguly on canon rumors and the uk site eos magazine. i need to know what type of linkworks on this form. i feel that a background spam filter is in use. 

joe

You are not allowed [to] post links like to external, non-Canon sites in these forums.  Some exceptions are allowed, such as posting a link to a handful of Canon Factory Authorized Dealers.  Do yourself a favor, and upload [your] images to the forum.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

irfanview is a free, simple, and versatile program that allows downsampling the number of "pixels" or setting a maximum output filesize and I use it when I need a "quick and dirty" down rez for a lot of websites but my preference for this site is to do a proper conversion from RAW to the desired image size using DPP which will generally result in a cleaner conversion than further converting a JPG file.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I use light room for my resizing I just needed to know why external links did not work. if I could cross link from my canon rise account it be much easier.as I have about 120 photos there.

Like was suggested.............

" Do yourself a favor, and upload [your] images to the forum."

This is all you need.

"I use light room for my resizing"

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Like was suggested.............

" Do yourself a favor, and upload [your] images to the forum."

yes i do understand it was not posted clearly in any of the faqs. just needed clarfacion 

This is all you need.

"I use light room for my resizing"

ever so true how ever down resizing and running a seprate data base to help and educate fokes.

can be a hit on the work flow as i have over 20k images spanning over 10 years of photgrahs

Joe

"...i have over 20k images spanning over 10 years of photgrahs"

I have over 100K from the last 5 years so the amount is no problem with LR. Many more from previous years.  Just use the export, to a folder for u/l, downsize it to 72 dpi.  After you u/l the photo delete it from your HD.  No biggie.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Danny

Hi, Joe!

If you've got a photo to share, we would recommend using the "Insert/edit image" button at the top of the text editing window.  If you have to link to another site to show your photo, you'll want to use the "Insert/edit link" button right next to the image button.  We should also point out that our forum doesn't use BB code but rather HTML.  The buttons I just mentioned will do all the necessary formatting for you, but if you want to code your links manually, switch from the default "Rich Text" tab to the "HTML" tab.

Hope this helps!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements