cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This forum needs serious help

macdonjo
Apprentice

Canon,

I don't know why you let something fall this far.

First of all, take a look at your typical thread: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Printer-Multifunction-Support/MX922-scanner-problem-message-set-th...

It's full of "me too" answers. No one gets a single problem resolved.

Why don't you follow the format of Stack Exchange Q&A sites, and upvote answers that are helpful, instead of flipping through 5 pages to find nothing helpful, and no voting system to know if an answer worked for others or not.

This is EXACTLY why people chose other brands. If Apple ever released a printer, they'd kick your butt in customer service and forums, and would dominate the industry.

This is why your wait time is 30 minutes when you call, meanwhile other companies are less than 5 minutes... because you guys resolve 0 problems on your forums and FAQs, which causes a massive backlog in calls. There is no way to troubleshoot on your own, so everyone has to call.

Customer experience... MBA 101.

9 REPLIES 9

Crista
Whiz

Hi macdonjo!

Thank you for your feedback about the Canon Forum!

We value our customers and want to make sure we address your questions or issues in the best way possible but the Forum is not intended for customer service and direct support. It is a place for Canon users to post questions, provide answers, and help to foster a sense of community with Canon fans and users. 

If you have a customer service or support issue for a product manufactured for the United States market, please give our technical support team a call at 1 (800) OK CANON or contact us online HERE. If you are outside of the United States, please visit the Canon Global site HERE to find how to reach technical support in your country.

We hope this helps! 

I tried both your numbers- neither was successful.  Basically you sold me an expensive scanner, I've barely used it, and it sporadically doesn't scan. 

It prints from the Dell PC, and it pulls documents through the feeder to copy. 

The problem is it won't scan. But it scanned yesterday.  Just not today. 

What a waste of money.  No machine should be this finicky. 

Your tech support is atrocious, told me to go to Best Buy to get it fixed. Thanks a lot. 

I agree.

The Canon website touts their caring attitude toward their customers but I've found it an exercise in frustration. Zoombrowser no longer sees my camera although windows explorer does. I reloaded the camera window but it said it was already there. This was after a frustrating many hours of fecking around trying to figure out how to do it. I'm going to try calling the Canon help line tomorrow but I don't hold out much hope. My requests for help have gone unanswered. Like **bleep** on a boar hog. 

Love the camera but without uploading capability it's worthless.

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Check out the Apple user forums. They are full of the same kind of complaints. Apple *did* have a printer, but they gave up on it long ago.

Yes, I agree, about Apple!!
Respectfully yours, Milton. Sometimes I somethink write 😉 My life principle "Love never fails"

MarkLaP
Apprentice
Have you had any automatic updates to your OS? It could be an issue with the operating system. Keeping up with compatibility can be a challenge. You might check to see if you have the latest driver.

Yes Microsoft updates my operating system all the time and I dare say that's where the problem started. But sheeeyit, you'd think someone would have a clue. Isn't the point of having driver updates to stay on top of OS updates? I uninstalled camera window and reinstalled it. Nothing has changed. It annoys me that we've become a throwaway society. Camera works fine but I'm SOL unless, I guess, buy a new camera.

I got a great product and the customer service staff are very friendly!

ChrisPBacon
Enthusiast

I, too, share your frustration with the lack of support -- both on this site and with Canon technical support.  I encountered a problem with the EOS 7D and phoned customer support: after nearly an hour describing the same quirky behavior of the camera, they shuffled me off to tech support -- who opened a "ticket" on the malfunction, promising to get an answer back to me.  Nothing was ever heard back from them, either through the promised phone call or an email: I called back several times... there seemed to be no record of previous calls... and I wound up describing and discussing the same quirk.  I brought the issue upon this forum with no results.

I was able to solve the problem only through calling B&H's tech support people... after twice having sent the camera in to Canon Professional Service for inspection and troubleshooting, along with the lengthy written description of the phenomenon.

One other thing: Canon had links to hundreds of "how to" explanations about their cameras, but for some reason, have eliminated them (according to Canon's tech support people): same for the countless videos about their cameras that once richly populated YouTube.  Guess you can't sell glitzy new cameras if you still support older models.  

Chris P. Bacon
F-1; AE-1; EOS 1V, EOS-1D X Mark III, 5D Mk IV, 6D, 6D Mk II, 7D, and 7D Mk II; scads of Canon, Zeiss, and Sigma lenses.
Announcements